Thursday, April 21, 2016

Enjoy The Little Things...

Hi everyone...yesterday's plans for a crafty day in the cubbyhole flew out the window because the sun decided to pay us a surprise visit and believe it or not it was so warm it was almost like Summer had arrived...NO WAY was I staying indoors when there was the chance to be out in the fresh air enjoying the sun on my face...killing 2 birds with one stone and cracking on with the garden tidy up. Mind you...not everyone shared my enthusiasm...my furry garden helper was not at all happy to be roused from his morning nap....
but bribery in the form of a tasty treat works everytime. So we mowed the knee high to a grasshopper lawn and then treated it to a scarifying short back and sides to get rid of the dead grass and carpet of moss.
and while I stopped for a cuppa...my partner couldn't resist putting his head down for another snooze...
And what a treat it was after the chilly winter months to spend the whole day outdoors pottering around...just enjoying the little things in life...coffee in the sun...an alfresco lunch and the satisfaction that the garden is looking a lot tidier than it did yesterday and hey...if the sun decides to visit again today...you know where we'll be.
And whilst we're on the subject of enjoying the little things...I'm sharing one of my"stepping out of my comfort zone" watercolour cards from last week coloured with the...


And following on from the saga of all sagas selling my old sofas on Gumtree...the good news is they are gone...sooner than I anticipated...so the not so good news is...I'll be sharing the Furry Boy's doggie cushion...retrieving a couple of old bean bags from the loft or reduced to sitting on a kitchen chair until the new boys arrive.
Enjoy your day whatever you're doing and I hope the sun is shining where you are too
Hugs Kath xxx