Tuesday, April 4, 2017

A Stitch In Time...

Hi folks...today I'm sharing a stitching project made with the fabulous Eclectic Elements fabrics that Tim and Mario very kindly sent me. I don't profess to be expert at sewing and am certainly not proficient at quilting so I thought I would start off with something fairly simple...a shabby chic craft tool holder...
made using randomly cut pieces of fabric from the Eclectic Elements Correspondence collection...
stitched higgedly piggedly leaving the raw edges showing on to a fabric base...decorated with Tattered Florals die cut from canvas...Idea-ology Gears and buttons from my stash...a sentiment from Motivation 3 stamped on to canvas with Ranger Carnation Red Archival Ink and a tie closure made from strips of fabric...
I then made the inside section with pockets to hold essential tools...sandwiched wadding between the two layers and stitched them together
I now have the perfect tool holder to take along to workshops or if you're an artist...it would hold a small sketch pad/pencils or a watercolour palette..
I've been bitten by the bug and I'm looking forward to continuing on this Eclectic Elements adventure and hope to share more projects with you soon.
Hugs Kath xxx