Thursday, February 8, 2018

How About A Cocktail...

Hi folks...I'm sharing a shaker card I made for the Stampers Anonymous booth at Creativation with the Cocktail Blueprint stamp set...perhaps yesterday's bottle of beer isn't your choice of tipple and like me you might prefer a Martini, shaken not stirred...
Before we proceed, let me say that making the card was far easier than the photography, my camera seems to go into tantrum mode the minute it spots acetate, so please accept my apologies for this "a bit out of focus" shot.
To create the frame for the shaker I die cut one frame from Idea-ology Metallic Kraftstock and 6 from white card using Tim Holtz/Sizzix Stitched Rectangles.
I trimmed a piece of black cardstock to be the same size as the frame and applied Distress Brushed Pewter Paint through the Dotted Layering Stencil using a mini round blending tool.
I dusted the black card and heat resistant acetate liberally with my anti-static powder tool and stamped the Cocktail image with Versamark, sprinkled with Super Fine Detail embossing powder and heat set. I applied Black Soot Distress Crayon over the metallic frame, rubbed it into the detail, wiped back with a soft cloth and fixed to the acetate panel.
I stamped the image again on to a scrap of white card, coloured with Distress Markers, cut out the coloured sections and fixed in place with Ranger Multi Medium Matte.
I fixed the 6 layer frame section to the background panel, fixed a few sequins and die cut stars using Ranger Multi Matte Medium on the backgroud and added the rest of sequins. Using die cut layers to create the frame eliminates the need to use foam tape.
I fixed the acetate section in place and added more die cut stars to the frame and acetate.

To finish off I stamped the sentiment from Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous Pennants with Black Archival and fixed on top of the acetate. If I haven't tickled your alcohol taste buds yet, I'll be back tomorrow with a Wine Blueprint card and if I have a repeat of yesterday's battle with the technology gremlins, I may be hitting that wine bottle sooner rather than later.
Toodle-oo for now
Hugs Kath xxx